Northwest Magic - Forums

Go Back   Northwest Magic - Forums > Tournament Center > Tournament Reports

Old 01-11-2019, 12:29 AM

Default Los Angeles Lakers

Bob Levey/Getty ImagesWhen Houston Astros center fielder George Springer led off the bottom of the fifth inning of Game 1 of an American League Division Series with a home run Friday Jack Morris Jersey , Astros fan Eddie Flores likely went through a wide range of emotions.Flores had plenty of reason to be excited, of course. Most importantly, his team's lead had just been extended to 3-0. Not only that, but he also predicted the Springer dinger.However, according to the Houston Chronicle's Matt Young, Flores had promised his entire section free beer if Springer went yard. Moments later, the 2017 World Series MVP did just that:True to his word, Flores paid up:Charles Adams bigangrylaw鈥淚f georgespringer hits a homerun, I鈥檓 buying everyone in the section a beer!鈥?Springer hits a homerun. He buys us all beer. Heroes don鈥檛 always wear capes. astros #crawfordbox Qvg7p9LNkpPer Young http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/au...ys-diaz-jersey , Flores wasn't able to buy everyone in the section a beer鈥攂ecause the vendor ran out. He did, however, spend more than $300 to provide beverages for eight rows in his section.No regrets, either."I just love my team, man. I knew Springer was going to hit one, and I wanted everyone to know it. I called it," Flores said, according to Young. "... No way [do I regret the wager]; I loved it. I was celebrating. It went out, we all went crazy http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/au...on-loup-jersey , and I went looking for the beer man."Springer's home run helped Houston strike first in the series with a 7-2 victory, sending Astros fans home happy. And Section 104 went home even happier, thanks to Flores. Ten gang members were arrested for a string of robberies in Los Angeles that impacted,聽Yasiel Puig along with other celebrities.The gang members聽were charged with counts of conspiracy, burglary, and home-invasion robbery. These members were also responsible for the burglaries against Los Angeles Rams receiver, Robert Woods, and also singer聽Rihanna.Puig was hit the hardest out of all the celebrities by these robberies. Just last September, Puig's home was broken into while he was on the field with his Dodgers' teammates. This instance was the fourth since March 2017.Here is security camera footage of one of the times of when Puig's house was broken into:advertisingBurglars were caught ransacking #YasielPuig's bedroom! 馃槻 This is the 4th time his house has been hit Matt Adams Jersey , says #TMZ, within the last two years. #Dodgers #MLB pic.twitter.com/EemKa4u6l6 O.G. (@whatisgooding) September 26, 2018According to TMZ, police officials had arrested four individuals back in October in connection with the video of them breaking into Puig's house. One of those four suspects was ultimately released.But now, the police have arrested seven new men all in relations to the robberies on these celebrities. Bringing the total to now ten suspects who have all now been charged.Also, every time Puig's house was broken into he was away fulfilling his baseball obligations, either at practice or a game. The first time Puig's house was broken into was at his former residence in聽Sherman Oaks, while he was away at spring training of March 2017.advertisingThen, after Puig moved into his current house in the聽San Fernando Valley http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/a...in-long-jersey , it was first burglarized during game聽seven of the 2017 World Series. It was then broken into again on Sep. 1, 2018, when Puig was playing at Dodgers Stadium against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Via SB NationAlmost three weeks after that, his home was broken into again on Sep. 18, 2019, when Puig was yet playing another game at Dodgers stadium.Puig, Woods,聽and Rihanna were only just the first few celebrities on this gang's list to rob from. TMZ also stated that there was in total 24 houses hit by these members. While there was also a list discovered last October, describing twelve other famous celebrities that the group planned to steal from.advertisingThose celebrities included; Los Angeles Lakers player http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/a...-benoit-jersey , Lebron James,聽and actress, Viola Davis. Police officials stated that in total the crew stole over $1 million in property. With the members of those crimes now caught, Puig shouldn't have to worry anymore about people raiding his house while he is away at a game.It's so disgusting to witness the crimes that take place in this world today. Whether it's against normal people or celebrities, it's just plain wrong. The fact that Puig had his house broken into four different times over the last 18 months is shameful.Thankfully, the police were able to catch these individuals before they could do any more harm and damage to other people's homes. Hopefully, nothing like this happens again where a group of people get targeted just because they're famous and wealthy.