Northwest Magic - Forums

Go Back   Northwest Magic - Forums > Northwest Commons > Magic in general > Trades

Old 02-03-2014, 11:49 PM

Try eBaying it? You'll never sell as a lot. It's a very good lot but nothing that couldn't be purchased in two clicks. Every card listed is cheaper on tcgplayer. Not being a troll but lots will not sell her unless at maybe 50% value.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:08 PM

That's cool, I wont sell here then.

Sorry for posting. Figured someone might be interested.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattapit View Post

They might be if you took more time to catalog the other 70% of your collection, but no one is going to pay for a lot of this size without seeing the remainder.

I recommend you try one of the local stores, particularly if you're looking to sell it all at once. I know that Card Kingdom and Green Lake Games are both interested in large collections.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:00 PM

Indeed. Card kingdom buys at near ebay prices and its quick and easy! GLG is uhg gone south. Card kingdom does not buy foils usually but I sell all my non-foil.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:18 PM

Hope this perspective is helpful; if not, just ignore. I didn't see anything particularly rare or hard to find in that list (maaaybe the Alpha Badlands) that would make me want to buy as a lot rather than hunt down individually. Non-dealer types who drop $20k at once on cardboard are usually looking for P9, A/B duals, Summer/Edgar, test prints, etc. If you talk a big game like in your craigslist listing, your credibility takes a huge hit when you list bulk filler like Mirage fetchlands, Temple Bell and Whetwheel (why are these even listed?). When I looked at your listing, my impression was that this collection is basically worth ~$10k of cash plus $10k of accumulated bulk/budget cards, taking into account time and hassle. So maybe it might be worth $15k, and that's subject to condition (random internet NM can be anywhere from EX to M). If you want $20k for that you're gonna have to piece it out or get really lucky. Don't even include the value of bulk; if anything, I would consider that a negative from a buyer's perspective. It's just more bulk lots/grab bags to make, or playtest/proxy fodder or donations.

If, like you said, you enjoy grinding value and don't need the money, why are you selling this as a lot? Just testing the waters? Do you trade/sell on forums like MOTL or even MTGS?

Good luck with your sale; hope you end up getting decent value. Oh, and seriously, don't ebay something like this unless you have Power Seller status on there. Even then, it still sucks unless you are in the upper tiers of Power Seller.

Collecting Lotus Petals since 1997

Old 02-04-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattapit View Post

It never hurts to try. I read your first post and checked out your listing. In general, I agree with the other posters. I can't think of anyone who is into EDH who has that much cash. I think you approached the sale right, but the price is likely too high for an individual player, and since the average price is higher than store buylists, you probably won't get action from stores. So you likely should carve it up into smaller lots.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:18 AM

Rhystic Study Prophecy Yes $24.99 $24.99
1 Rhystic Study Prophecy No $2.99 $2.99
1 Rite of Replication Zendikar yes $9.99 $9.99
1 Rites of Flourishing m12 Yes 1.99 1.99
1 Rocky Tar Pit Mirage No $0.49 $0.49

are you kidding me with this? come on man.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:45 PM

First stuff like Foil Rhystic Study is on there bc it is rare, valuable, and pretty hard to find.

Second, The random stuff that is in there like Mirage Fetch lands are in there bc I literally took 100 card decks and just spreadsheeted, copy and pasted to SGC and then ripped values out.

Third, I am not opposed to showing interested parties the rest of the decks and boxes of rares. I figured I did enough leg work to get a price point and enough interest but seeing the rest would really put it over the top.

A few of you have been respectful like Lotus and ESG, but I guess there is a reason that most of my MTG circles don't come here anymore... Ya'll are jerks.

Seriously, just bc you don't agree with someone's opinion on a forum or think that it's incorrect doesn't mean you need to sit here and just troll it and look for every minute detail that isn't right and just shame them. Good lord, this is like competetive play for an intended casual region trading forum. Give me a break and quit talking condescendingly at people.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:50 PM

Old 02-05-2014, 11:51 PM

look i just took a random sampling of super random cards. honestly if you were looking to sell your collection for a reasonable price i actually know people with A the capitol and B desire but you are going to need to do way better than this.