Northwest Magic - Forums

Go Back   Northwest Magic - Forums > Formats and Decks > Casual Gaming

Old 06-30-2018, 02:37 AM

Default Hall of Fame. What an honour for it to b

TOKYO -- Canadian ice dancers Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier brought the house down with a new long program to place fifth in their season debut on Sunday at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Nene Jersey . World champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White of the United States won the gold medal with 186.65 points well ahead of runners-up Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte of Italy with 160.06. Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani of the U.S. were third at 157.58. Poirier, a 2010 Olympian from Unionville, Ont., was out three months after sustaining a serious leg injury this past spring. His leg didnt seem to be a factor as the couple delivered a clean program packed with original moves that received an ovation from the Japanese crowd. "We were very solid and that was important for us heading into nationals," said Poirier, who joined forces with Gilles in 2011. "Our training has been so limited over the last month. Starting in Japan was good for us because we always enjoy competing for us and they have a great crowd. Were confident we are on our way to getting even better." Gilles said the couple had a slight fear of the unknown heading into the event. "The last couple of weeks been a bit of a roller coaster for us," said the Toronto resident. "To lay down two solid programs was a bit emotional. It is something we will always remember." Gilles and Poirier were one of two Canadian entries at the competition. On Saturday, Paige Lawrence of Kennedy, Sask., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., were sixth in pairs. Charles Barkley Jersey . He also had some help Monday night.Hibbert scored a season-high 29 points to help Indiana beat the Utah Jazz 97-86 Monday night, ending the Pacers six-game losing streak. Joe Johnson Rockets Jersey . Armstrong was given the rank of "Chevalier" -- or Knight -- in the "Legion dHonneur" in 2005, the last year of his seven consecutive Tour de France victories. http://www.authenticrocketsproshop.c...ajuwon-Jersey/ . The Detroit Tigers star had microfracture surgery Friday to repair the medial and lateral meniscus in his left knee. "I dont want to say it was a surprise," team president and general manager Dave Dombrowski said.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Rookie linebacker Devon Kennard impressed the New York Giants in training camp with his speed, athleticism and ability to hit.The only things that held back the fifth-round draft pick from Southern California was that instinctiveness that comes from playing and a hamstring injury that happened in the season opener.It took almost a month for Kennard to get over the injury. The playing smarts took a little longer, and Kennard now is showing what he can do now that he understands the game.Earlier this week, Kennard became the Giants first rookie defensive player to win the NFC player of the week award after posting two sacks for the second straight week and forcing a fumble in the Giants 36-7 win over Tennessee.I came in with the mindset that I wanted to help my team, Kennard said Thursday after the Giants (4-9) finished practice for Sundays game against the Washington Redskins (3-10) at Metlife Stadium. I wanted to show the coaches and teammates that I could help them win games the best way I can, and any way I can.With recent injuries to linebackers Jacquian Williams and Mark Herzlich, Kennards playing time has increased and he has been outstanding, getting to opposing quarterbacks on the blitz.We knew he was a big, strong, powerful man, defensive co-ordinator Perry Fewell said Thursday. I think he is displaying that in his play.Fewell said Kennard also is a smarter player. He always had a good grasp of what was going on in the meeting rooms, but there was a slight hesitation on the field.A lot of times when they are out there on the field and it happens fast, as a ball coach, you can seee them thinking, Fewell said. Ryan Anderson Jersey. He is starting to use his athleticism and executing those moves that we have talked about in the classroom. That is why I say he has become a smarter player.Fewell said the Giants had wanted to use Kennard more in blitzing situations but the opportunities didnt always present themselves.The chances have been there the past two weeks, and a sack and forced fumble by Kennard led to a touchdown return by defensive tackle Markus Kuhn.Fellow linebacker Jameel McClain said Kennard is sponge-like in the meeting room. The 23-year-old is not overly talkative but tends to ask the right questions when he speaks, McClain said.Kennard is a phenomenal kid, McClain said. Kennard is focusing on his game and he focuses on details. For him to be so young and be such a professional, it is amazing.NOTES: Giants special teams co-ordinator Tom Quinn apologized for his run-in with punter Steve Weatherford during Sundays game. The coach grabbed Weatherford after the player walked past him following a bad punt. It was an unfortunate incident that transpired obviously, that we both wish we could have back, Quinn said. We are fiery, were competitive, and it escalated way too far. ... Odell Beckham Jr.s jersey from his one-handed TD catch is in the Hall of Fame. What an honour for it to be in there, Beckham said. Definitely something to be proud of, but it is just the beginning for me. ... QB Eli Manning (back) was again limited at practice Thursday, but coach Tom Coughlin said he did everything he needed to do. ...McClain (knee) returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '