Northwest Magic - Forums

Go Back   Northwest Magic - Forums > Tournament Center > Events Info > Local Shops

Old 08-08-2010, 03:20 PM

Has anyone had any experiences with Card Exchange in Shoreline? I am still in process of finding a FNM around my skill level and I just heard of these guys.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM

Default Card Exchange

I judge and play in the FNMs at Card Exchange, and I would say the player base is a healthy mix of new players, returning players (from pre-2003 or so), and expereinced players. Sometimes a few women play, but it's mostly boys and men between 12 and 45. The atmosphere is very laid back, and the prize support is very, very deep. (Most of the time every player gets something like an old DCI promo card, if they don't finish in the packs.)

Attendance ranges between 12 to 30 players, and the store is now trying to run 2 tournaments simulataneously for FNM (Standard & Draft). The standard tournament costs $5 and the draft costs $12, and both tournaments start at 7 pm. Card Exchange is also an Advanced Store, so it holds its own Pre-Releases, Launch Parties, and Game Days, and on Aug 28 Card Exchange is holding its first Grand Prix Trial (M11 Sealed). Singles are available for purchase, and the shop sells current Magic boosters for $3.

Come check it out! Ryter, the shop owner, keeps knocking down interior walls and rewiring everything, so the shop can easily hold 50+ player events (and probably even larger events in the future!)
Old 08-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Default iloverice

I just noticed your on-line handle. My 7-week old son's name is Rice! My profile picture shows me feeding him the day after he was born.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 AM

Keith,
What time is the event on the 28th?
Also what is the address for Card Exchange?
thanks!

"One of the joys of travel is visiting new towns and meeting new people." - G. Khan

"A little help at the right time is better than a lot of help at the wrong time." Tevye
Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 AM

Sweet! I might come out and check out the store for FNM or the game day this weekend.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girdsman View Post
Keith,
What time is the event on the 28th?
Also what is the address for Card Exchange?
thanks!
The GPT at Card Exchange on 8/28 starts at 1:30 pm SHARP!!

CARD EXCHANGE
14020 Aurora Ave North (140th St X Aurora Ave)
Seattle, WA 98133
206-440-5467

Directions: From I-5, take 145th St exit and go West (i.e. toward the Puget Sound), then go South @ Aurora Ave N. The shop is on your left. Otherwise, get to Aurora Ave N (aka Hwy 99) and go South if you live anywhere north of Seattle; else, go North on Aurora if you live south of Shoreline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverice View Post
Sweet! I might come out and check out the store for FNM or the game day this weekend.
We'd love to have you!

Last edited by getdaref; 08-11-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:29 AM

Default Northwest Sports Cards

I have to do my bit for NW Sports Cards on this sticky;

Northwest Sports Cards
Web Site: http://www.nw-sportscards.com/default.html
Days they run events: Friday (FNM 7:00 PM) and some Saturday events (See calendar on their website)
Formats: Standard for FNM.
Space: Pretty spacious.
Players: Anywhere from 16-30 don't know why it varies so much...some high end players go there from time to time
Prize support: Awesome; they run an eight (now I believe it is 12) week championship tournament (double elim bracket) with top three payouts...I ID'ed with the other 3-0 person and we split $230 in store credit. 3rd got $40. Plus on regular FNM tons of door prizes and Magic trivia to win stuff too. Usually two foil promos per player as well.
Tournament organizer: Sean...runs very smooth and knows the rules.