Northwest Magic - Forums

Go Back   Northwest Magic - Forums > Formats and Decks > Legacy

Old 06-06-2013, 10:00 AM

Default local legacy scene?

Hello friends from the south of the boarder. I am a big eternal (legacy) player and looking for an area in WA that has a bigger legacy crowd so I can come down and do some trading and perhaps a few games.

Please let me know what time of the day is the best time to come down for a visit to get to see you folks. Please leave store name and address and I'll see you folks soon, thanks.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hello friends from the south of the boarder. I am a big eternal (legacy) player and looking for an area in WA that has a bigger legacy crowd so I can come down and do some trading and perhaps a few games.

Please let me know what time of the day is the best time to come down for a visit to get to see you folks. Please leave store name and address and I'll see you folks soon, thanks.
Check out this link: http://www.northwestmagic.com/forums...ead.php?t=2871

To summarize:

Mirkwood Cafe & Shire Arlington Legacy 7:00 (Monday)
Card Kingdom Seattle/Ballard Legacy 6:30 (Monday)
Luke's Gaming Shop Everett Legacy 6:30 (Tuesday)
MuGu Games Everett Legacy 6:30 (Wednesday)
Shane's Renton Standard or Legacy alternates 6:30 (Wednesday)
Dark Tower Games Bellingham Legacy 6:30 (Thursday)
Card Advantage Games Normandy Park Legacy or Modern alternates 7:00 (Thursday)
Ernie's Games Woodinville Legacy 6:00 (Thursday)
Diamond in the Mall Lake Forest Park Legacy & Draft 6:30 (Friday)
Uncles Games Bellevue Constructed (Standard/Modern/Legacy/Standard rotation) 12:30 & Draft 2:30 (Saturday)
Moon Dragon Games Everett Legacy or Sealed 2:30 (Saturday)
Phoenix Games Mukilteo Legacy 1:00 (Saturday)
Card Kingdom Seattle/Ballard Legacy 3:00 (about 1x month; call to find out date) (Sunday)
Green Lake Games North Seattle/Green Lake Legacy 7:00 (Sunday)
Northwest Sports Cards Tacoma Commander (EDH) Noon & Legacy 4:30 (Sunday)
Exalted Games Tacoma Commander (EDH) Noon & Legacy 6:30 (Sunday)

I've personally been to Card Kingdom (weeklies and occasional weekends), Card Advantage Games (occasional weekends), Green Lake Games (weeklies), and MIrkwood (occasional weekends). I recommend all of them, but Card Kingdom will give you the most consistently large events.

I believe the Dreaming Comics & Games also has Legacy on Saturdays at 1 pm.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the reply.

From your experience, what's the average turnout for those legacy events you've been to? It's a long commute so I would like to attend an event with the biggest crowd possible. Please let me know, thanks again.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

From your experience, what's the average turnout for those legacy events you've been to? It's a long commute so I would like to attend an event with the biggest crowd possible. Please let me know, thanks again.
For the biggest crowd, I would say Mirkwoods Sunday tournaments or Card Kingdom's Monday or weekend tournaments.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

The monthly events with higher prize support generally give the best turnouts.
  • Mirkwood: Typically at 40-60, depending on prize support. Rarely draws below 35, but it's been as low as 15 before. Black Lotus events (which occur once or twice a year) get like 70-80, with a high of 84 that I remember. Entry is usually $25-35, usual prizes are duals/forces to top 8.
  • Card Kingdom: Weekend events generally get something in the 30s. The exception are side events at PTQs, which get 50-70. These are generally $25 entry, with 100% going to prize pool in the form of store credit. The side events tend to award duals instead of store credit. Apparently, Card Kingdom will start holding weekend events for dual lands instead of store credit after the success of Memorial Day Monday.
  • Card Advantage Games: I've only been there once, where the turnout was on the low side (6). Typically, they get about 15-20 people from what I remember. This is a newer store with very friendly owners. The place is very clean and they serve great food. I'd come here more often if it weren't so far away.

Weekly events:
  • Card Kingdom: Generally holds 20-30. $10 entry, 100% going to prize pool. A special Memorial Day event ($10 entry) for duals, held on the normal weekly Mondays, had 64 people, so this might be a good barometer for monthly events.
  • Card Advantage Games: I went here once when I had a Thursday off. IIRC, it was $10 entry, but I scrubbed out so I don't remember the prize support (I think 100% store credit). I think there were 8-12 people. This was one of their very first events.
  • Green Lake Games: Generally gets 4-8 people. Occasionally doesn't fire. I come to this event almost every week because Sunday nights are great for playing. The owner is an awesome guy to talk to, and I think he's hoping to grow a better Legacy scene. This is reflected in the prize support: 150% of entry paid out in store credit. This is also probably the best place to do "masters" drafts, since they'll often buy older boosters and hold drafts if you're into this type of stuff.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:42 AM

Thank you Shawn and Zach for the response, hope I'll see you guys soon.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:14 PM

mirkwood is having a tournament for dual lands on the 30th of this month. and next month is hosting a cup tournament aka my chance to win another lotus. #champion